Does your living space feel hot in summer and cold in winter, and you have to turn on an air conditioner all day long? Is your privacy disturbed due to the lack of window treatment? Then you should consider buying good quality yet stylish drapes for the windows of your home. Curtains not only make your space elegant and modern, but they also add privacy by blocking outside factors. But before investing, you should search for drapes that will have better longevity and are made from quality fabric. Here in this article, we will help you with a complete guide so you can quickly selet a curtain type for your place’s windows.
Types OF Curtains
Below some curtain types are described well so you can choose according to your preferences.
- Do you know blackout curtains are energy efficient? They save your bill by providing insulation. They can block every outside factor, including invasive sounds, light, and breezes.
- You can also reduce sunlight in the morning because of their closed-fiber fabric.
- They are affordable and made from materials like polyester and velvet.
- Velvet provides stylish and aesthetic appeal to your home.
- Some blackout curtains are made from microfibre, which prevents almost 90% of the light from entering your space, thus providing a better sleep.
- The sheer curtains are made from lightweight materials like cotton, linen, and voile.
- They filter sunlight because they have a light-diffusing property.
- If you want your space to have a silky and smooth look, choose sheer or voile curtains.
- Because they can filter light, they prevent your furniture from excessive sunlight.
- They also enhance the ambiance of your space and are made from transparent fabric.
- Most people choose it due to its durability.
- Velvet as a window covering, used to be styled in king’s places because of its finest appearance.
- This gives a luxurious, modern, and soft look to your living area.
- These curtains are best known due to their property of blocking sunlight and are somewhat heavier than other fabrics.
- For a modern and stylish look, you can choose solid or patterned embossed velvet curtains.
- Velvet curtains are resistant to mold and chemicals.
- The lace curtains are woven or knitted from cotton or synthetic material like polyester.
- It is durable, and Lace drapes made of cotton give a delicate and innate styling.
- These are good at trapping dirt particles and allergens therefore are hypoallergenic.
- They are free from chemicals because of the fabric material, which makes it an economical choice.
- They are resistant to wrinkles and are easy to wash.
- The lace curtains give your space a fresh look, and it is resistant to mold or mildew.
- Net curtains give a coarser or ticker look, and they are breathable.
- They are present in various intricate designs and patterns.
- They are budget-friendly, so you an style windows without disturbing your budget.
- Net curtains give your space a fresh look and allow light to enter your area.
- They are available in various designs like cafe net curtains and jardinieres curtains.
Top Styles Of Curtains in 2023
You can choose different styles of drapes to give your space a beautiful, aesthetic, and elegant look. Below are some styling ideas that you can choose.
The Eyelet curtains are becoming popular because of their simplicity. They carry metal rings stitched with the fabric, so the rail can quickly move through them, and these rings are known as eyelets.
They are easy to hang, and there is no need for extra hooks in this type of drapes. They give your space a minimalist look, and if you add any linings, it becomes volumized.
Talking about trendy layered curtains, which give your space a modern look like double layered drapes. A double pole is used in this type of style, and two separate curtain fabrics are used: one is net or voile fabric, and the other is a thick and lined fabric. These layers provide privacy, thus preventing UV rays from fading your furniture. They are versatile, so various patterns, colors, and curtains designs are available.
The Motorized curtains are also known as automotive because there is a motor in the track that is electrical, and you can move the drapes quickly by touching a button. It is the most trendy style and easily accessible because you can open and close it through a remote. They are available in sleek designs. These drapes give your space a crisp and fresh look.
The pleated style gives your space a look because they are made from a thick material. There are available various styles like pencil, pinch, goblet, or box pleat. The pinch pleat is in two to five-finger pleats, which gives your curtains an elegant look, whereas the box pleat gives your drapes a full look by running to the length of the curtains. For a formal look, choose the goblet style, and for the causal style, select pencil pleat.
The grommet style is similar to the eyelet drapes, but the difference is that it can bear the heavy fabric. Identical to the eyelet, a metal ring is present in this style. They can be easily installed, and you can use various accessories because they are versatile. They are easy to operate, and most people prefer these drapes.
While choosing drapes for your space, it is essential to consider the durable fabric. Different materials like linen, cotton, wool, and velvet are used in their manufacturing process. You should consider the styling as it gives a delicate, trendy, and modern look to your space. You can choose eyelet, layered, motorized, and pleated styles for your space. Before investing, try to consider the designs and types of fabric.